Thursday 22 November 2012

Seeking Crystal - Joss Stirling

'I'm coming back to get you whatever happens...'     

When fate throws Crystal Brook into the path of Xav Benedict, the personality clash is explosive. It's hate at first sight. As their families gather in Venice, a powerful enemy seizes the opportunity to attack. Xav and Crystal must unite to save their loved ones, discovering a secret that entwines them forever...


Only a few authors make it onto my favourites list and Joss Stirling did, with her fabulous soulfinders series. With an idea similar to that of soulmates, many would brush it aside with the 'oh it's just another romance novel' but they shouldn't - I do happen to love romance novels myself though - these books have a certain twist and these soulfinders have so much love and passion that they do put ordinary soulmates to shame. These are the books that make me really wish I had a hidden savant power that will be revealed - I'm secretly trying to lift a magazine off the table with my mind as I type.

Seeking Crytal is the third book in this series based on those with savant powers and like all others it delivered with a kick. There are so many things I loved it is just easier to make a list:

- The action, one of the best things in this book. I love the conflicts created in the book, and how they chose to deal with it. It's almost like a brilliant spy novel - just without all the paperwork and government checks that spies have to do. But the action is balanced perfectly with . . .

- Friendship and other characters, I loved all of the new characters. Such as, Steve, at the start I thought he was just big headed like most celebrities, but he startled me with his understanding of savants and relating to them. Every character added to the story - I epecially enjoy side love stories like Steve's and Lily's - but I enjoyed learning more about original characters (the Benedict brothers and they're parents). Diamond and Trace's first meeting was so good - no messing arond just the joy of finding each other, unlike . . .

- Xav and Crystal, I love the part where they realise they're soulfinders, that was one of my favourite parts of the novel, I kept re-reading it because it was so sweet. They were the perfect couple, Xav and his jokes and his cheery personality, colliding with Crystal who has serious problems on her mind - neither understanding each other, but somehow (even before they knew they were soulfinders) they understood each other completely. All helped along with . . .

- The location, Venice was perfect. The complicated streets reflecting the complications in all the characters lives. And Venice just adding extra romance, with the flooding and gondola's. I imagined it as a vibrant place, some areas with wide open squares whilst having twisting alleys that are easy to get lost in . . .

- Just like the entire book, it was so easy to get lost in the sheer brilliance and I read into the night. I really hope Joss Stirling writes more to complete a so far perfect series, and if she does I will hit, kick and bite anybody who gets in the way of me reading it (metaphorically of course).

4.5 stars out of 5




No comments:

Post a Comment